There is no better friend than a dog to humans, dogs are the most generous, loyal and loving creatures ever made. Everyone loves to have dogs as a pet. Ever thought of grooming your dog, if no then you must. Groomed dogs become even nicer and good looking. Grooming is necessary for everyone whether humans or animals. It lets you become the best version of yourself.
What is grooming?
Grooming a dog refers to cleaning and brushing of the furs and the skin of dogs. Dog Grooming means to make your dog appear neat, clean and hygienic. If people see the dog, they should not resist touching it. You can groom your dog at home on your own or with the help of some professional. It is always advisable to get your dog grooming by an expert because they know how to do it effortlessly without troubling the dog. People often groom their dogs on their own because they want to save the extra expenditure. Some dogs are anxious about getting groomed and so they give a really hard time for the person grooming them. You can also call the professional groomer to your home if you don’t feel like taking your dog out. To understand your dogs grooming needs you must consult a grooming expert for it.
Stages to undergo while grooming your dog
- The first stage is to get all the tools and equipment ready, these include a towel, sponge, scissors, nail clippers, blow dryer, comb or brushes. If the coat of your dog gets tangled then you must have a dematter to untangle them. It is used especially for dogs having long hairs and fur.
- Decide the place where the dog will have the bath, it can be a bathtub or shower. Choose the location that is comfortable for your dog, since dogs are choosy in this matter. Start with carefully brushing out the coat, if you encounter mats then use a dematter to get rid of it.
- Cleaning a dog’s ear is very essential because if they are uncleaned then they will give out a bad odour. You can clean the ear with some good mineral oil and towel.
- Before giving your dog a good bat, make sure to brush his teeth, you have toothpaste for dogs available in the market. You must make our dog familiar with the whole brushing thing from a very early age itself otherwise he will create problems.
- The next stage is of clipping the dog’s nails. Electric nail grinders or human nail filers can be used to file the nails of your dog. Be very careful while doing this. Use a nice shampoo for bathing, bathe your dog in lukewarm water, massage the dog, make him feel loved and then after 10 minutes rinse off the soap.
Use a blow dryer for drying the hairs, gently comb the furs and take special care of drying the area behind ears since mats could be formed there. Regular Dog Grooming makes your dog healthy, disease-free, and more beautiful and fluffy.