While humans have hair, dogs have fur. This is why many owners use the best
dog clippers to keep the coat of their dog smooth. If your dog is heavy and thick,
he may spend whole summers being uncomfortable and frustrated. Professional
dog clippers serve the need to trim your dog’s coat. This will make him/her more
Most of the best professional dog clippers come under one of the below-
● Single-speed dog clippers: They are the best option for novice users; do
not heat up as fast.
● Variable-speed dog clippers: Its versatility is advanced; they are a better
tool for a perfect finish to dogs’ coats.
There are several characteristics and features you need to look at before selecting
the ones that suit you. They are listed below:
- Motor’s speed and power: The best professional dog clippers usually
offer high power and rotations per minute, but very rotary speed
unavoidably generates more vibrations and noise. You need to search for
dog clippers with the right balance between power and speed, along with
noise, heat, and vibrations. There is also a high chance of blades heating up
and an increase in vibrations.
- Corded and cordless clippers: Cordless dog clippers are indeed more
convenient, but they need your focus on batteries. There is no right or
wrong here; it’s about your convenience over power usage.
Top Ten Best Grooming Clippers In The Market:
Here is a list of the top ten best dog clippers available in the market:
- Andis Excel 5-Speed clippers: These are corded heavy-duty multi-
speed dog clippers. They are the lightest heavy-use clippers. They have a
comfortable and ergonomic shape with an anti-slip rubber gripper. If we
talk about the speed, there are five of them, from 2500 to 4500 strokes per
minute. The output is neat and sharp, even after hours.
- Oster Clipmaster: Oster has a premium product range with a different
groomer profile. They don’t overheat even after long sessions and are quiet.
Below is a list of their products with benefits:
Clipmaster clipping – These stay oiled for up to 100 hours on large to giant
dogs. They have both power and precision.
Heavy-Duty Clipmaster clippers – These are great for detailing with a
precision-tuned motor. They are good for trimming more difficult areas
Wired Clipmaster trimmers – A powerful, noiseless trimmer perfect for
delicate areas such as the eyes, ears, nose, etc.
- Andis UltraEdge Super 2-Speed: These excel at staying quiet, precise,
and powerful with an anti-slippery rubber ring. They operate at 3,400-
4,400 strokes per minute. They are compatible with both CeramicEdge and
UltraEdge blades. They are an investment since you can have them for
- Wahl Bravura Lithium Professional: These have the most advanced
rechargeable battery innovations. They can get charged in 60 minutes and
last for 90+ minutes. They have a 5-in-1 snap-on adjustable blade. They
also have low vibration technology and are lightweight and quiet.
- Wahl Motion Lithium Ion Cord/Cordless: They are versatile clippers
with now-famous Wahl’s ‘5-in-1′ Pro Blade set and have adjustable sizes
9, #10, #15, #30, and #40. They are the most stylish clippers and are
exceptionally lightweight. They come with a removable handle, great
control, and are ergonomic.
- Oster A5 2-Speed Professional Clippers: Oster is a very reliable
brand in the USA. They produce 3,000 strokes per minute with low speed
and 4,000 strokes per minute on high.
- Wahl KM5 2-Speed Dog Clipper Kit: These are most suitable for
beginners. They are a 2-speed clipper kit with three color variants. With
low vibration and high speed, they allow any beginner to shave his/her dog
finely. Unfortunately, several users complained that they don’t last long,
even though they are high in quality.
- Wahl Professional Animal Arco: These 5-in-1 clippers offers
precision. They also have two drop-in NiMH rechargeable battery packs.
The pack contains soft storage, charging stand and charger, cleaning brush,
case, and four plastic attachment guide combs.
- Wahl U-Clip Pro Home Pet Grooming Kit: These are the best-selling
clippers due to the high quality and affordable price. They produce 7200
strokes per minute. They should be avoided if you have a small dog since
they are very noisy and vibrate.
- oneisall Quiet Dog Clippers: These are quiet and comfortable to work
with. The set contains six attachment combs: 3mm, 6mm, 9mm, 12mm,
15mm, and 18mm. The main concern in these is battery life, which is
around 30 minutes against the company’s 80 minutes.