We have heard the saying that a dog is a man’s best friend. We have also experienced that with our dogs that greet us lovingly when we get back home from work. Some of us treat our dogs like our kids. We sleep with them; we cuddle them; we give them the best accessories and care for them in a special way. However, one point that always looks challenging in the initial years of having a pet dog is to clean and bathe it. Breeds that are considered very affectionate and loving also have their inhibitions when it comes to bathing. This is where a good dog wash station comes as a huge blessing for you.
Important Purposes of a nice dog wash station
- Extreme comfort for your pets to relax while enjoying a good wash
- Pet doesn’t get scared and nervous while bathing
- Spacious and exclusive area for your pet to enjoy a pampering wash
- Good support and durability so that your dogs don’t trip or fall on the washing area
- Clean surroundings even during bath as all dog wash station can be easily connected to the main drainage hose
- Ability to clean pets thoroughly from all angles, with the help of 360-degree access to these stations
Types of dog wash stations
There are many types of dog wash tubs/stations available in the market. There are basic models that come just with legs and drainage hose, resembling a huge tub, and there are some others that have additional features like shower wands, splash guards, jets and much more. There are tubs with stairs to enable easy access of your pets to the tubs. Dog wash stations come in different materials like plastic and stainless steel as well. You need to choose the right model after thinking about your budget and requirement.
Choosing a dog bath tub
Here are a few points that you need to focus on when you are choosing a dog bath tub.
- Get the size right – Needless to say, this is the most important factor you need to consider when you choose a dog bath tub. Choose one that can bear your dog’s weight. This will ensure that your dog remains safe and tight inside the bath tub when you wash it.
- Consider the features – You need to know what kind of features you want so that your dog can feel comfortable in its tub. Do you need just a basic bath tub with a shower or are you looking at additional features like restraints, shower wands, jets and other pampering facilities in your tub? You need to remember that you need to shell out a good sum of money for these additional features.
- Height – You need to choose a dog bath tub that is slightly elevated so that it suits small and big pets as well. Also, when you have these stations at a reasonable height, you don’t have to bend down too much to wash them, thereby relieving you of back pain and other stress.
- Materials – There are stations available in various kinds of materials like plastic, stainless steel, and others. While stainless steel is considered to be the most durable material, plastic is not too bad either if you are on a budget. Irrespective of the type of material that you choose, you should ensure that they are long-standing and provide you full value for your money.
- Budget – You should be clear on the amount that you can set aside for your station, as this will help you get a clear idea as to what you require. It is easy to get carried away by the features and overshoot your budget if you don’t know how much you can allocate for this particular expense.
Importance of choosing a quality dog bath tub for home
If you are looking for the best bath tub for home purposes, you should spend considerable research and narrow down the available choices to the ones that suit your requirements the best. From this narrow list of choices, you again need to apply filters to materials, height, adjustable settings, reusability, eco-friendly features, value-added services for pets, customer service history of the manufacturer, durability quotient, and other related factors to choose the tub that is right for your dogs.
It is important to choose a good quality bath tub for your dogs because the safety, comfort, and relaxation of your dog are at stake here. You cannot afford to make a mistake here. Never take decisions based on price factors only. Models that are low-priced are made using cheap materials that can easily break when your pet is inside the tub, causing severe injuries to your pet. The purpose of a good dog bath tub is to provide ultimate comfort and enjoyment for your pets when they are getting washed. Therefore, you need to choose a sturdy, reliable and convenient wash station that fits your pet perfectly and gives your pet the pampering that it deserves. Ensure that you choose a spacious station so that your pet doesn’t feel suffocated inside.
|Mustee Big Tub Utilatub Combo Utility Tub||Medium||$$$||4.7|
|Pet Wash Enclosure with Splash Guard, Wheels & Removable Shelf||Large||$$$||4.8|
|Booster Bath Elevated Dog Bath – X-Large||Large||$$$||4.7|
|Pet Gear Pup-Tub||Small||$$||4.5|
|Elite Step L Center Plumb Tub||Large||$$$$||4.5|
|Flying Pig Grooming Mini Stainless Steel Dog Bath||Small||$$$$||4.5|
|Flying Pig Grooming Professional Stainless Steel Superior||Large||$$$$||4.5|
|Aqua Quest Right Plumb Walk-in||Large||$$$$||4.3|
|Flying Pig Pet Washing Shower Portable Bath Tub||Medium||$$$||4.3|
|Booster Mini Bath Kit||Small||$$$||4.5|
|Portable Booster Bath Dog Wash||Medium||$$$||4.0|
Dog Bath Tub Types
Why should we buy a Dog Bath Tub?
There are many dog wash tubs types available in the market today. It can get confusing as to which one would suit you the best if you are not aware of exactly why you need a dog wash tub. Cleaning and washing your dog is a messy task and you might have to deal with lots of mud and dirt inside and outside your house during this process. To add fuel to the fire, not all dogs like the concept of bathing. Therefore, some turn aggressive during this process, causing you lots of hindrances. Having a dedicated dog wash station will ensure that your dogs are safely put inside an enclosure, where they can move about freely when being bathed. Also, you don’t have to deal with the mess, because these stations come with drain valves for easy cleaning.
Some of the dog bathing stations are so small that they can be fitted inside your kitchen sink. Some are big enough to be kept outdoors. Some are portable so that you can carry them to places of your convenience while bathing your dogs. Based on these variations, we are now going to see some basic types of dog bathing stations.
Stainless Steel Dog Wash tub
- Highly durable and reliable, which ensures that your dog wash stations can be used for bathing heavy dogs as well
- Non-porous; which ensures that there is no water leakage in the stations, giving your pets ultimate comfort
- Resistant to rust, stains, dust, dirt, mildew and heat; this means your wash stations look new even after many years of use
- Suitable for all kinds of extreme climatic conditions
- Stainless steel is lightweight, which makes it easier for you to carry your dog wash stations to different places
- More importantly, stainless steel is quite cost-effective, in that, it is priced quite attractively when compared to its long-standing nature and sturdy features
- Very flexible; this ensures that you can add additional features like shower wands, jets, splash guards, shampoo racks, storage shelves and the like, in your station at a later point in time
Cons of Stainless Steel Dog Wash tub
- It costs a bomb to re-polish; therefore, it is better that you don’t ever consider the option of polishing your dog wash stations for the second time!
- Not that easy for fabricating and welding; it means that it takes a while to manufacture these tubs
Check out our pick for the best Stainless Steel Dog Wash!
Outdoor Dog Wash Tub
Are you looking for the best outdoor dog shower for your pet? Here are the pros and cons of the outdoor dog shower:
Pros of Outdoor Dog wash tubs
- With an outdoor dog shower, you get more freedom to wash your pets
- Pets feel relaxed in the open atmosphere when they are bathed in the outdoor stations
- Very spacious; which means they are great for large sized dogs as well
- Cleaning process is very thorough and relaxing, as you don’t have to focus on other household work
- House remains clean and mess-free, as all the water splashing is done outdoors
- Dogs get used to outdoor dog showers more easily than they get used to indoor types
- Kids are more open to trying washing their pets in outdoor stations
Cons of Outdoor Dog wash tubs
- Requires a long hose to be connected to faucet, if the distance between the tub and faucet is too lengthy
- There are chances of more wastage of water in outdoor stations
- Outdoor dog wash stations are prone to climatic changes, sun, heat, dust, mildew and the like, which affects their visual appeal and durability to a certain extent
- Maintenance of outdoor stations is quite challenging as it needs regular cleaning
Indoor Dog Bathing Stations
Read the following pros and cons before you proceed to choose the best indoor dog wash station for your home:
Pros of Indoor Dog Bathing Stations
- One of the first and foremost advantages of using indoor wash stations is the ease of use that it offers you
- Can be easily connected to the kitchen or bathroom faucet within minutes
- Some stations can be fitted easily into kitchen sinks as well, thereby enabling easier cleaning and drying
- Possible to set up a separate mudroom within the station, so that the house doesn’t become messy
- Indoor water stations are portable and can be used from the place of your convenience
- One of the best models if you have a small-sized pet
- Can be used within the comfort of your home; therefore no stress on your body
- Indoor bathing stations are small and come in various colours and patterns at attractive prices
Cons of Indoor Dog Bathing Stations
- Irrespective of the care that you take, your house is sure to become messy and muddy
- Lots of cleaning up work follow after washing your pet in an indoor station
- If you have a large pet, it might not fit inside an indoor dog wash station
Portable Dog Wash Stations
Are you purchasing the best portable dog wash station for your pets? Knowing the pros and cons of this type of stations might give you a better idea.
Pros of Portable Dog Wash Stations
- For starters, mobile dog bathing stations can be easily transported to places to suit your convenience
- Very durable as these models come with legs that have wheels for easy movement
- Though made out of lightweight materials, portable dog bathing stations are quite durable so that they don’t break off easily while being transported
- Dogs love it when they are being pampered and washed in various places of the house during various days
- Come with adjustable features of heights and levers so that the one doesn’t have to bend too much for cleaning
- Mobile dog wash stations are very stylish and compact; when not in use they can be easily stored anywhere in your house without occupying too much of space
- They come with comfortable and durable handles
- Wheels have safety lock features; therefore, your pets don’t wobble when they are being washed
Cons of Portable Dog Wash Stations
- Exposed to too much of movement, which can impact the durability to a slight extent
- When wheels break off, it becomes costly and time-consuming to get the exact match
Check out our pick for the best Portable Dog Wash Station!
Dog Wash Tub Sizes
Size is one of the most important factors that you need to check when buying dog wash tubs. You need to be sure about the size and weight of your dog so that you can make a call when it comes to selecting the size of your dog bath tub. Some dogs are as light as 60 lbs, and some are as huge as 250 lbs. Therefore, it becomes imperative to choose a dog bath tub that have the full capacity to hold the weight of your pets. Else, the entire purpose of investing in a station gets defeated. When you choose a small station for a heavy dog, the tub breaks off along with your pet in it. It can cause severe injuries for your pet and huge financial losses for yourself.
Dogs can be small, medium or large sized. While purchasing dog bath tubs, ensure that you choose the right kind of bath tub for the right kind of dog, so that your pets feel safe and comfortable. Choosing a big wash tub for a small dog would still be ok; however, choosing a small bath tub for a heavy dog can make your pet feel suffocated and cramped.
Large Dog Wash Tub
You can read through the following pros and cons to buying the best large dog wash tub for your pets.
Pros of Large Dog Wash Tubs
- As the name suggests, it is ideal for large-sized and heavy dogs
- Comes with lots of features that are not possible with other sizes
- Very spacious providing additional comfort and safety for your dogs
- Easy to operate as it has provisions to hold all kinds of essentials within the wash station area
- At accommodates, are big enough to accommodate a big and small dog, thereby saving a great deal of time
- Unique designs are available to provide relaxation and all kinds of pampering for your pets
- Dogs feel very comfortable once they are inside this wash station, as there is enough space for free movement
- Provides full value for money as it offers many features at attractive price ranges
- Very durable and sturdy; can be used for many years without having to spend a penny on repairs and maintenance
Cons of Large Dog Wash Tubs
- May be difficult to operate for people with space constraints
- You cannot wash two big dogs at the same time in most of the models
- Sometimes, customizations are not possible due to the cost involved
Read our reviews of the Best Dog Wash Tub for Large Dogs.
Medium Dog Wash Tubs
Once you understand the following pros and cons, you will be able to think clearly and choose the best medium dog wash tub in the market today.
Pros of Medium Dog Wash Tubs
- Great for small and reasonably heavy dogs
- Comes with great durability and portability
- Made from high-quality plastic or stainless steel, which is resistant to steel and other dust particles
- Some models have inbuilt spa-like features like jets, shower wands, splash guards and all other kinds of relaxing technologies to make your dog feel at ease when it steps into these stations
- Ideal for people who are looking to add number of dogs in their house
- Comes with the additional flexibility of indoor and outdoor installation
- Very easy installation process as it only needs attachment of hose and legs
- Easy to operate and comes with anti-slip flooring in some models to avoid pets tripping off when they are being bathed
Cons of Medium Dog Wash Tubs
- Not compatible for very heavy or bulky dogs
- When installed indoors, it occupies quite a large amount of space, hindering other activities
- Not many options regarding additional features; you need to pay extra for a small tub if you need customised features
Small Dog Wash Tubs
Choose the best small dog wash tub for your home after reading through the following merits and demerits:
Pros of Small Dog Wash Tubs
- Unique designs and come in various colours
- Very compact and doesn’t occupy much space at all
- Comes with sturdy legs that have wheels, which enable these stations to be easily carried to various places
- Ideal for small dogs that are of about 60lbs weight or lesser
- Pets love to sink in the luxury of the jets and flowing water present in these models
- Very cost-effective
- Highly durable and provides full value for money
- Gives 360 degrees access, so that you can clean your dogs from all angles without having to bend down too much, thereby relieving all kinds of stress and fatigue
Cons of Small Dog Wash Tubs
- Even when dogs are slightly heavy, these stations will not be able to hold them and will give away easily
- Not possible for washing two pets at the same time due to space constraints
- At times, the wash stations are so basic that you don’t find any value-add in them for your pets
- Drainage faucet connectivity hose is not of great quality
How much water does a Dog bath Tub use?
When using dog bath tubs, you can choose to control the flow of water, shower speed, jet movement and other features, so that your dog gets cleaned thoroughly and so that you end up saving water as well. Choose bath tubs that are made from non-porous elements and rubber mats, so that water leakage can be reduced to a large extent. Also, when you use a hand-held showerhead in your dog washing machine, you can ensure that you get to clean only those parts that require additional cleaning and use only a required amount of water for the same. When you have only one shower, you end up wasting a lot of water, which is not ideal.
Apart from washing your pets, you can also use these stations for your gardening needs and clean other equipment, so that you can only use water from the showerhead/sprayer, than from the shower directly. Once you are finished with washing, immediately turn the shower off and then proceed to take the drying towel. Never keep the shower running when you are not using it. It makes sense to have all essentials right by your side, so that you don’t have to wait for too long during the process of washing, thereby wasting water.
For more information on Dog Bathing click here.